Hood and Duct Requirements
CITY OF RED BLUFF FIRE DEPARTMENT
PLAN CHECK AND TESTING REQUIREMENTS FOR HOOD AND DUCT FIRE EXTINGUISHING SYSTEMS
(ALL SYSTEMS TO MEET UL300 REQUIREMENTS)
General requirements for plans:
1. A permit for the installation must be obtained from the City of Red Bluff Fire
2. Contractors name, address, telephone number and license number shall be on all
3. The name and address of business shall be placed on the plans.
4. Three (3) sets of plans shall be submitted.
5. Plans shall be to drawn to an indicated scale or be suitably dimensioned so that the lengths, sizes of all piping, nozzles and equipment, etc can be easily verified at plan review.
6. Plans shall list all equipment that is to be used as well as equipment/part number(s). Reference points shall be provided for all nozzles, links, pull station, etc that
corresponds with the equipment information. Protected appliances must be shown by type (grill, deep fryer, etc.) indicating actual depth & width.
7. Notes shall be complete and provide any additional information on the installation and equipment. Updated manual information shall be provided with the plans.
8. A minimum of Twenty-four (24) hours’ notice is required to test the system.
9. Both manual pull and fusible links will be tested. Balloons shall be placed over all nozzles to ensure activation of system. All appliances under the hood shall be operational at the time of the test to ensure that the gas and/or electrical shut off are operating correctly.
10. Approved K-Type Fire extinguisher shall be in place and have the State Fire Marshal’s Tag.
ANY CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL PLANS WILL REQUIRE AS-BUILT PLANS TO BE SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL, CONTRACTORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHANGES BECAUSE OF THESES AS-BUILT PLANS. ALL PLANS SHALL BE SUBMITTED AND APPROVED Before FINAL OF THE SYSTEM.