The requirements to become a Reserve Firefighter (paid part-time) at the Red Bluff Fire Department are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a High School Diploma - or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid standard State of California Driver's License
- Possess and maintain current EMT-1 certification or higher through S-SV and/or National Registry
- Possess and maintain a current CPR card
- Possess a Firefighter-I Certificate or Certification of Completion of an approved Firefighter-I Academy
- Provide certificate of Hazardous Materials Awareness (FRO-level)
- Provide certificate of Confined Space Rescue (awareness-level) or proof of training
CLICK HERE for the City of Red Bluff Human Resource employment page for further information and access to the employment application.
Every couple of years the RBFD conducts a state-certified Firefighter-I academy. Applicants to this academy must be at least 18 years of age. After successful completion of the academy you may become our next Reserve Firefighter! Click here for a brief summary of our fire academy requirements.
Full-time positions at the RBFD are generally filled through the promotional testing process from within our pool of exceptional Reserve Firefighters.